No matter where you are in life, young or old, the opportunities to join a philanthropic institution; a charity are found in many places. People become philanthropic when they give to some cause larger than themselves. Giving is far from just making a donation of money. Giving spans financial instruments like stocks, bond, annuities, and matched-gift giving, Gifts-in-kind can be any real thing given such as a car, boat, yacht, motorcycle, computers, desk and chairs, conference room tables, microwave ovens and many other things.
However, no matter how you give, there are five key reasons why you should give to a pregnancy center nearest you.
1. GIVE LOCAL – By giving local you can get to know the people behind the ministry you support. You well be able to see the fruit of your gift as you watch that local center continues methodically serving pregnant women with help in their time of need.
2. GIVE TO SAVE THE UNBORN – There is no other source that can save other humans as radically successful as the local pregnancy resource center. By showing your gift into a local center, you will discover the eternal rewards and blessings for helping saved one of God’s creations.
3. GIVE TO PROVIDE HEALING TO THE BROKEN HEARTED – Most centers provide some level of after abortion recovery support. As they work with women who have experienced abortion, often they are serving someone who has been raped, abused or molested as a child. As your money is used to provide the support, miracles can be seen in the lives of those taking the course of recovery. Your gift will give people a second chance.
4. GIVE TO PROVIDE FREE LIMITED ULTRASOUND – For the past few years, more centers have become medical by acquiring ultrasound systems to offer free pregnancy verification for pregnant women. This tool has resulted in extremely higher conversion rates of babies saved from abortion. Your gift enables the center to have the budget to add the expensive ultrasound system and to hire the nurse manager required.
5. GIVE TO PROVIDE MOBILE SERVICES IN THE COMMUNITY Several centers are investing in mobile ultrasound units with mobile homes and smaller vans that allow easier parking and greater exposure to the community. By taking pregnancy testing and ultrasound to the streets of the community, the local pregnancy center is able to reach a larger population. The more women served, the more babies saved from abortion.
As you think about giving, consider becoming an ADVOCATE OF LIFE by sowing a seed of life into the local pregnancy center in your immediate midst.
Remember, if you can give “regularly” that helps sustain the organization you are helping.